The good news is, we make trading shifts really easy. You don't have to think the same way about trading as you once did when you had to find someone to trade with.
Use the tabs below to access the instructions you are looking for.
Under the tabs area, there are screenshots of the mobile process for trading shifts.
Shift Agent™ gives employees the ability to trade shifts with one another in a natural way. Here is the step-by-step process for trading shifts with a fellow employee:
- View your schedule.
- Select the shift you wish to trade.
- Press the button to "Trade Shift."
- Choose from the list of shifts from one of your fellow employees that you would prefer to work. The list is sorted with the best options listed near the top, based upon your requested availability.
- Once you have chosen a shift that you want, a page appears that allows you to review the overall request that you are making.
- Execute the trade request.
- At this point, the person who's shift you are hoping to get will receive your invitation to trade. You are now waiting for their response.
- The page will show the "Trade Conversation," and it works similarly to a group text message. You can send/receive messages about this trade from the conversation area, and your manager is also able to see the conversation. Your manager can enter the conversation at any point and cancel the trade if they need to.
- Once the person who has the shift you requested responds with either a Decline or an Accept, you will be notified within Shift Agent , and you will also receive push notifications/SMS.
- The status of the trade now changes to either Decline or Accept.
- If the trade is Declined, it's kind of like, "Bummer." But at this point you can go and create another trade with another person for your second choice of shifts you want to work.
- If the trade is Accepted, you are halfway there. Your manager will receive a message that they now need to APPROVE your trade in order for it to become official.
- If the manager does NOT approve your trade, then you are back to square one again.
- If the manager APPROVES your trade, then your actual schedule changes to reflect the trade. At this point, when you view your schedule within Shift Agent, you will see the new shift instead of the old one.
From a smart phone, you will navigate through a few screens to complete the process of a trade request.
- Select the shift you want Trade by pressing the > button on the right.
- Tap Trade Shift
- Shift Agent will recommend shifts for you to trade for. They are literally in order of highest likelyhood of getting a positive answer, and the highest ones are also automatically sorted to fit within your availability.
- Select a shift.
- Review, and tap "Create My Trade."
- The trade has now been initialized.
Communication: Once you have completed the request, you will receive an SMS text message if the trade is accepted by a co-worker, and a 2nd text message if/when it is approved by a manager.
When your schedule changes: Your schedule does not actually change UNTIL a manager actually approves your trade with another person.
Cancelling: You can cancel the trade any time prior to it being approved by a manager. If it is approved, and you need to undo the trade, you will have to try trading it back.
Status of trades:
- No interest yet - you are still responsible for your original shift.
- Accepted by a co-worker - you are still responsible for your original shift
- Approved by a manager - you are no longer responsible for your original shift, but instead will be responsible for the shift you asked for.
- Disapproved by a manager - you are still responsible for your original shift
Screenshots for using a mobile device: