- 1. Our Scheduling Philosophy
- 2. Getting Started
- 3. Store Blueprint
- 4. Focus on People
- 5. Create a Store Account
- 6. The Sandbox – Demo Mode
- 7. Basic Store Information
- 8. Add Employee Contact Info
- 9. Departments
- 10. Adding Positions (managing positions)
- 11. Adding Employees to Position – Onboard Wizard
- 12. Entering Availability
- 13. Employee Profile (settings)
- 14. Schedule a Day
- 15. Employee Introduction
- 16. Scheduling Rhythm
Typical Method for Adding Shifts and Building the schedule:
- Put Shifts on the day: Use the Draw Shifts feature, or use the Add Shifts feature.
- Fill each shift with the right employee: Press Smart Scheduling button on the top right.
- Repeat this process for each day. Click on the next day in the guide bar to advance to the next day.
- Publish the schedule: One day at a time or wait and publish the whole week at once.
Individual Shift – Add shifts (position + time + employee) with the Create a Shift feature
- Click the Review Week button to check your work.
- Click the Publish button to broadcast the schedule and make it LIVE.
Additional Information and References
Publishing – You have to publish a day before any employees can the shifts you have built. You can publish shifts on a day, and come back later to add more. If you add more later, the PUBLISH NOW button at the bottom will reflect that you have unpublished shifts. Once you publish shifts, your employees will see their schedules when they login to Shift Agent™.
Make a template from this day: You can save a lot of time by creating templates from the days that you build. If you build a day that you wish to make into a template, simply click the Create Template button while you are on the day with the schedule you like, and name the template something memorable.