When you giveaway a shift, you are essentially putting that shift up for grabs. Giveaways are different from trades, in that they make a shift available to many people, and you don’t get another shift back in return. Use this option to offload hours that you don’t want to work.
What happens when I giveaway a shift?
Shift Agent automatically communicates to the team for you about your shift so that you can get it filled as quickly as possible.
- Anyone who is qualified to work the shift is put in the queue for hearing about the shift.
- The first round of notifications goes to those who most need the hours.
- If no one responds within 5 minutes, the next round of notifications goes to the next most qualified group, and so on.
- Simultaneously, everyone on your team who is qualified to work that shift will have an indication that the shift is available for them to pickup.
- You may cancel the giveaway anytime before a manager approves it. (even if someone has accepted to work it)
- If someone on your team decides to pickup the shift, you will be notified, and the manager will have the option to approve the change.
- Once the change is approved, then you will no longer have the shift in your schedule.
A trade is different in that you communicate with one person at a time, and you would potentially get a shift in return provided that the manager approves the trade.