In order to edit a template, you click on the button that says “Manage Templates” from the scheduling page. Editing templates is a part of the process of achieving lean labor as you find ways to trim labor and then save the edited templates to recreate savings.
You will see a new window that looks like this:
On the left side of the window, the first option you see is a choice between two lists of templates: Active or Archived.
- Active: Templates that are in your current list and that can be applied to a day in the schedule.
- Archived: Templates that have been “put on the shelf” in case you want to reinstate them later. You can always move a template out of the archived area.
Best Practices: You can move templates that you don’t use right now to archived, and this will keep your current list of templates clean enough to find what you use most often right now.
From this screen you can:
- Apply a template – Applies the selected template to the day you are trying to schedule.
- Edit a template – Allows you to change times and positions that are in the template you select.
- Clone a template – Makes a copy of the current template. KEEP the current template AND make a new one that you make changes to.
- Archive a template – Moves the template into the archived list. You can put it back into the rotation at any time. Keeps you list clean.
- Delete a template – If you want to remove a template altogether for good, click the delete button.
Tip: When you edit a template, you will actually archive the old version. It will be visible in the archived area, unless or until you decide to delete it for good.