Shift Agent provides granular control of indicating what skill level each employee has for each position.
- Employee A can have three positions, and have different skill levels in each position.
- Skill levels are rated from Zero to Three stars (0-3) Three being the highest.
In addition, Shift Agent provides a Training flag that you can use to indicate if an employee is training in a position. This is useful when you are building the schedule and trying to make sure you put the right person in the right shift.
Setting Skill Levels:
There are three main ways you can access the skill level for an employee and set/change the skill level at any time.
- The onboarding wizard when you add employees to a position
- From the Employee profile under Manage Positions
- From the Company profile page, you can access a Position’s management page
In your head, you will probably have a good idea of who is good at certain things. But, it is good to try and maintain the system as you go to keep good records. Hey, if you need someone else to make the schedule for you, they may not know what you know!
As you go, try to go back and update skill levels as employees improve.