Series: Days Off
- 1. Day Off Requests Without Stress
- 2. Manage Days Off
- 3. Days Off Limits
- 4. Request Response View (Days Off)
- 5. Days Off Policy
- 6. Requesting Days Off
- 7. Days Off per Employee
- 8. Cancel a Day Off
- 9. Status of Days Off
- 10. Extended Time Off (days off vs. inactive)
- 11. Remove Day Off Request
- 12. Days Off – Report View
- 13. Days Off – Grant Overrides
With Shift Agent, you can set a Days Off policy and have the system enforce that policy.
- Set your Days off policy (advance notice requirement, etc)
- Manage Soft Limits for how many requests you think you can allow on each day of the week
Shift Agent is designed to help you place the responsibility in the employee’s hands for late requests for days off.
- Before a shift is published for an employee on a particular day:
- The employee can request a day off, as long as it fits within the store policy.
- If the request comes into the queue
- Ex. The limit for Mondays is 6, and this is the 7th request, then they receive a message and have to acknowledge that their request is over the limit. (helping to set expectations for them.)
- Managers can view the request and respond whichever way they want.
- While you are building the schedule, you will be aware of late requests without having to respond.
- After a shift is published for an employee on a particular day, the employee cannot request a day off without first trading or giving away the shift they are assigned to.
Shift Agent provides natural delegation of responsibility:
Let’s say an employee wants to make a request for a day off, but they’ve already been scheduled for that day.
- Shift Agent tells them that they have already been scheduled.
- The employee is presented with the opportunity to trade or giveaway the shift.
- It is now up to them to generate their own opportunity to have the day off.
- If they successfully trade the shift, then they have gotten the day off without the manager having to work to rearrange the schedule.
- Once they have traded the shift, then they don’t need to request a day off.
- If they are unsuccessful, then it’s up to them to learn for next time get their request in earlier, but it’s a lesson that they learn without the manager having to establish a rule.
Let’s say an employee wants to make a request for a day off, but they haven’t yet been scheduled for that day.
- The manager is still in the process of building the schedule.
- A day off request comes in for the actual week you are scheduling.
- You will have that information available to you at the moment where you are filling the shifts.
- Even when you don’t have time to respond to the employee’s request, Shift Agent will indicate that the request has been made. This may allow you to give the employee the schedule they desire without having responded to their request.